History of Dudley Nautilus
In 1973 a group of Black Country scuba diving enthusiasts founded Dudley Nautilus Sub Aqua Club and in 2021 we celebrated 45 years of being a British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) member.
Today we have almost 40 members ranging from new Ocean Diver trainees to Advanced Divers. We have three BSAC-qualified scuba diving Instructors ranging from Open Water to Advanced, and four Assistant Instructors working their way towards Open Water Instructor. Our active diving members range in age from 12 to something they won’t tell us!
Our weekly club dives take place at Netherton Reservoir, just off Highbridge Road in Netherton, where we have access to the 15 m-deep reservoir.
“The Rezza”, as it is affectionately known, has an underwater rope course, so that divers can find their way around the various ‘attractions’, including several training platforms.
- Free parking is available water-side. We ask members to park considerately, being mindful of emergency access as it can get quite busy at times.
- We have heated male, female, and wheelchair-friendly chaining rooms, toilets and showers.
- There is a large classroom for training courses and meetings.
- The clubhouse has a fully fitted kitchen with fridge, oven, sink, kettle, and crockery, meaning that you are never without a cup of something warm when you’ve finished a dive on a Saturday morning – much apreciated in the depths of winter, we can assure you! The clubhouse also has a fully-licensed and stocked bar offering soft and alcoholic beverages at very reasonable prices, which we usually open on Thursday evenings from 8pm and during most of our social events.
- We also have a club BBQ that we are more than happy to get fired up so that everyone is well fed.
We have our own onsite air compressor so that trained compressor operators can use this to fill cylinders.
- Air fills are available for members at £3.00
- Visitors air fills are available at £5.00
- We also offer O2 clean fills at no extra cost.
We have an Excel RIB that we use at the Rezza as a safety boat – members with an RYA Powerboat Level 2 or BSAC Boat Handler qualification are permitted to drive it.