Also known as Lodge Farm Reservoir, or locally known as The Reza, Netherton Reservoir is a canal water supply reservoir in the Netherton area of ​​Dudley, England.
Opened in 1838, it now not only feeds the canal system, but is also used for water sports.
Dudley Canal No. 2 followed a roundabout route, but in the 1830s Thomas Bruin took charge of building a more direct route.
The new canal, opened in 1838, had a total length of about 400 yards (370 m), including his 75 yards (69 m) tunnel known as Brewyn’s Tunnel.
The new route made it possible to build a reservoir over the old course of the canal, along with steam-powered pump engines.
The tunnel, which he opened in 1858, did not last long, necessitating the construction of a bridge to carry the lane that had formerly crossed the top of the tunnel.
The bridge is now called High Bridge (known locally as ‘Sounding Bridge’) and the lane is called High Bridge Road.
Built between 1835 and 1838, the reservoir served as a reservoir and when water was abundant.
If it rained, it could be pumped from the canal into a reservoir and, if necessary, returned to the canal through a lock near the tunnel.
The engine was installed in his 1840 and drove the wheels of his scoop.
Lockkeepers were offered cottages.
When the canal was nationalized in 1948, ownership of the reservoir passed to British Waterways from the Birmingham Canal Navigation, which he merged with the Dudley Canal in 1846.
They sold this river to Dudley Metropolitan Council in his 1966.
Dudley Metropolitan Council wanted to improve the leisure facilities in the area and it has since been developed for water sports but still supplies water to the canal.